1. How do I know which class to register my child for?
Students should register according to their age group. Age range is listed under each class description. Please contact the studio at 232-3686 in Pocatello or at 226-5866 in American Falls if you have any questions as to your child’s placement. Students who have studied dance with another studio will first be placed according to their age. After their first class, the instructor will determine whether the class is at the appropriate level for your child. If a class change is required based on this assessment, the teacher will communicate a new class recommendation to you.
2. What types of dance do you offer?
We offer ballet, pointe, jazz, contemporary, hip hop, tap and acrobatics/tumbling for age 2-18.
3. Do you offer adult classes?
We currently offer adult classes in ballet and Zumba. Please refer to the schedule for specific days and times.
3. What age do you begin teaching?
We start teaching children at age 18 months for our Mommy & Me classes. Students in our Pre-School/Level 1 can begin at age 3, they must be potty trained and be secure enough to not have a parent present in the room.
4. How do I register my child?
Alliance Academy offers three ways to register.
1. Online at www.allianceacademyofdance.com
2. Over the phone at 208-232-3686 – Pocatello; (208) 226-5866 – American Falls
3. In person at 200 E. Pine St. in Pocatello & 1205 Falls Ave. in American Falls
5. Is There A Deadline for registration or is it ongoing?
For our Open & Ballet Programs, registration is ongoing throughout the year. Students enrolled after January 31st will not be permitted to participate in the Children’s Recital or the Year-End Recital. Tuition will be pro-rated for those who register mid-month.
6. Do you offer any incentives or discounts?
We offer a 10% monthly discount per additional child enrolled.
7. When do classes begin and end?
Classes begin September 6th in Pocatello and September 12th in American Falls and end mid-May. We offer summer courses in June.
8. Why do I have to pay a registration fee?
The registration fee helps cover the administrative cost to set up and maintain your account for the entire dance year.
9. Why do I have to pay a performance fee?
Performance fees help us pay for the venue rental, programs, the light and sound technicians, etc. As well as for extra rehearsals outside of class times.
10. Do you have performance opportunities?
Alliance Academy offers several performance opportunities throughout the year; The Nutcracker in December, the Competitive Program & YAGP Preview in February and the Children’s Recital, Year-End Recital, Competitive Program & YAGP Concert and a full-length ballet in April. At our American Falls location, we have one recital for all students. Please refer to the Yearly Calendar for specific dates.
11. What is the best way for me to know of any important announcements?
We communicate primarily through email so it is ESSENTIAL that you check your email frequently. We also post announcements on social media (e.g., Facebook, Instagram), on the studio white board, on the website and send paper notes home when possible.
12. Why do I have to pay the same tuition each month when some months, classes are not held due to winter break, spring break and other holidays?
Tuition is calculated by the year and then divided by 9 months (Sept. – May) taking into account five week months, all holidays and breaks.
13. Do you offer make up classes for classes that are canceled due to unforeseen circumstances such as snow days?
Yes, if class is cancelled we will notify each class of alternate class times they can attend during the week to make up for the canceled class.
14. When do you hold auditions for your companies and full length ballets?
Auditions for our dance companies are held in June for the upcoming dance year. Nutcracker auditions are held in September, and spring ballet auditions are held in January.